The COVID pandemic of 2020 may have caused the 6-month shutdown of the school where I taught, but it hasn’t caused me to stop teaching altogether. Being forced to stay home for an extended period allowed me the opportunity to work on several projects I had been holding on the back-burner. In addition to continuing to produce the ENGLISH WEIRDNESS series as well as to provide private online tutoring, I launched an entirely new project: Hard-Boiled English LIVE.
The LIVE show is weekly live online broadcast from my home studio/classroom, landing on Facebook and Youtube simultaneously. The show’s format is simple: me at the whiteboard, answering YOUR questions about English. Viewers can post questions and comments on the live feed, and even appear with me in the broadcast; if they want to, that is. Although I’m still trying to find the best day and time slot, considering my viewers live across the globe in various time zones, so far I’m going with Thursdays at 5pm PDT (Vancouver/Los Angeles) time.
Here are the two places you can find the show at that hour each week: https://www.facebook.com/HardBoiledEnglish/live
I will also post the recordings of these live sessions right here for you to watch at your leisure. Join me if you can for a fun live class that YOU guide with your questions. Bring your English mysteries, and together we’ll solve them!
- Teacher Paul Goes LIVE! - October 3, 2020
- New Weirdness, Live Shows, and Other Hard-Boiled Transmissions - September 15, 2020
- LIVE GRAMMAR SHOW - July 28, 2020
- English Weirdness, episode 3 - April 15, 2019
- An early work of short fiction: - March 7, 2019
- English Weirdness, episode 2 - March 6, 2019
- The Weirdness is Spreading - March 1, 2019
- Support the Weirdness! - February 12, 2019
- The Two Words That Turn Us Into Losers - November 24, 2018
- Remember What? - November 11, 2018