Am I just getting old and out-of-touch, or have I stumbled upon a 21st century absurdity:people who go to the gym to exercise and practice ‘mindfulness’ , ‘meditation’ , ‘zen’ , ‘getting into the zone’ , ‘returning to a deep connection with the body,’ or any other trendy conceptualization…but spend their time gazing into their cellphones and taking pictures of themselves and posting them!!!???!!!???
It’s a world turned upside-down folks. Watch your step.
Please follow and like us:
- New Weirdness! - December 18, 2018
- The Two Words That Turn Us Into Losers - November 24, 2018
- Mini-Lesson - November 11, 2018
- Remember What? - November 11, 2018
- English Weirdness Comes to Japan! - September 15, 2018
- Mishima, Nationalism, and an ESL Literary Mystery Human Board Game and Field Trip to Kinkakuji - July 29, 2018
- English Weirdness Videos: episode #1 - May 28, 2018
- English Weirdness: The Real Reason Nobody Can Live in Downtown (and it’s not the real estate prices!) - April 29, 2018
- English Weirdness: Can Plastic Own the Fork? - April 8, 2018
- Nice Writing Advice - March 31, 2018